You have a passion for changing lives. So do we. Whether you’re looking to sharpen your personal technique or begin your journey towards becoming a Pilates instructor, the trainers at Mind 2 Body™ will guide you every step of the way.
You will leave our Teacher Training program with the tools and certification you need to make an enormous difference in both the lives of others, and in your own.
Upcoming Training Sessions Dates
Pre Training Module 1 - 01/12/18
Teacher Training Module 1 - 01/13/18 - 01/15/18
Pre Training Module 2 - 01/17/18
Teacher Training Module 2 - 01/18/18 - 01/20/18
Pre Training Module 3 -01/22/18
Teacher Training Module 3 - 01/23/18 - 01/25/18
Pre Training Module 4 - 01/27/18
Teacher Training Module 4 - 01/28/18 - 01/30/18
Pilates Mat Training
We offer individual training programs at the beginner, intermediate and advanced mat levels to prepare students to teach.
The trainers at Mind 2 Body™ recognize that a successful Pilates instructor must first learn to execute the Pilates movements correctly in his or her own body. To ensure this strong personal foundation, we have created a unique Pre-Training Program that refines a student’s understanding of core Pilates techniques at each level (Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced) prior to enrollment in each respective training course.
Pilates Comprehensive Training Course
For those seeking mastery at all three levels, Mind 2 Body™ also offers an extensive Pilates Comprehensive Training Course that covers Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced level exercises utilizing Pilates apparatus (Mat, Reformer, Cadillac, Wunda Chair, High Chair, Arm Chair, Spine Corrector, Barrel, Ladder Barrel, Guillotine Tower, Ped-o-Pull and Magic Circle) and Pilates accessories (tensometer, foot corrector, neck stretcher, Pilates weight series), and also covers how to work with special case clients with unique needs and/or injuries as well as learning Business Skills.
Whether you’re looking to sharpen your personal technique or begin your journey towards becoming a Pilates instructor, the trainers at Mind 2 Body™ will guide you every step of the way.
Niedra and Lani attended teacher trainings for their own education and certification purposes. When we were starting out in our "career," we both attended more than one certification in our pursuit of knowledge. Within the evolution of our careers (studio employees, studio owners, then Teacher Trainers as well as Master Trainers), we offered various trainings and continuing education for teachers.
We both became aware of the many staggering issues that were present with students graduating from Teacher Training and stepping into the BIG world of "working as a Pilates instructor." Including the fact than many did not make it.
There were significant issues that we observed:
- We noticed that teachers were not always confident when teaching.
- We noticed that teachers had a lot of theory (anatomical names of muscles), but were not always able to apply this knowledge to real individuals in the real world.
- We noticed that many teachers taught "cookie cutter" formula classes but had no true ability to adjust or deal with individual abilities, limitations, and /or needs.
- We noticed that teachers were looking for new "gimmicks and tricks" to keep their clients entertained rather than solving their individual problems and making a true difference.
- We noticed that successful teachers had no support and were exhausted and unfit themselves.
- We noticed that successful teachers had no idea how to keep themselves inspired over time.
- We noticed that many teachers had no idea how to approach the business side of being a teacher.
- We noticed that teachers were unaware of their own unique gifts and talents which are the core of their service as a teacher.
We observed that there are three types of people who sign up for Pilates Teacher Training:
- Those who want to change careers and become teachers.
- Those who had already embarked upon Pilates Teacher Training and completed the certification process and wanted to retrain to achieve a more thorough and in depth insight of the material.
- Those who were interested in deepening their own practice and understanding of Pilates but they were not planning to become teachers.
WE WANTED TO ADDRESS ALL THESE ISSUES IN OUR PILATES TEACHER TRAINING COURSE.
Hence the Mind 2 Body™ Pilates Comprehensive Teacher Training was created and developed with the following in mind:
- We wanted our graduates to have the full scope and confidence to teach the classical method of Pilates to both private clients and to group classes: Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced.
- We wanted our graduates to have the insight and knowledge to adjust and modify the material depending on the clients physical ability and temperament.
- We wanted our graduates to have the tools to become successful teachers as well as fulfilled teachers.
We wanted our graduates to be certified by a center that advocates the Pilates Method Alliance (the over seeing organization that sets the standard for Pilates in the USA).
IS THE MIND 2 BODY™ COMPREHENSIVE PILATES TEACHER TRAINING PROGRAM FOR YOU?
- Have you had great benefits from doing Pilates and wanted to share this with others?
- Have you wanted to be involved with meaningful work that allows you to be in touch with people and make a difference?
- Do you know people who are in pain (neck pain, back pain, etc) and wished you could help them because you know Pilates could make a difference?
- Would you like to work in the health and wellness / well being industry?
- Would you like to have your own business?
- Are you ready to dive in and learn a whole new world that will change you for ever?
Can you relate to any of these topics? If so, then the Mind 2 Body™ Teacher Training program may be for you.
TO SUCCESSFULLY EMBARK UPON OUR PILATES TEACHER TRAINING PROGRAM:
- You will need to plan this out into your schedule as this is a BIG training.
- It requires 600 plus hours as you will be covering Beginner through Advanced Trainings.
- You will have the opportunity to spend an entire weekend at each level (4 modules) learning the theory and in depth application of each exercise and how it applies to your own body - so you will fully understand your own technique as well as your own application.
- You will put in time practicing this information and mastering it on yourself in the studio until you are fully competent in its various application.
- You will spend a weekend for each level (4 modules) learning to teach each level (Beginner through Advanced) and how to modify and progress a client in every exercise.
- You will spend time practicing what you have learned and getting help and support until you are confident in teaching the material competently.
- You will uncover what makes you unique and how to design work to suite your life and your vision for yourself.
- You will learn techniques and skills to set yourself up as a business.